Winter is coming, and it’s getting colder. What is the best to serve for dinner tonight? Any ideas?
I think soup is a good option. It keeps you warm and makes you stay away from cold.
Recently I found some canned tomato feta soup in the supermarket. They look delicious but I prefer to have something fresher. So I bought the ingredients and made this recipe at home. It doesn’t take too much time to make it. You can make this soup and serve with bread, or you can add some pasta into the soup just like what I did, and serve everything in one bowl. If you want it to be extra creamy, you can use cream instead of whole milk.
Just one thing to remember before serving: take out the bay leaf. You don’t want to eat that fiber. 😛
- 3-4 large tomatoes
- 1 large white onion
- A bunch of carrots
- 1 box of white mushrooms
- 1 garlic
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 cup pasta (optional)
- 1 piece bay leaf
- Some ground black pepper and oregano
- Some fresh basil
- Chop tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, and onion.
- Pan fry garlic and onion with some olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms and some salt. Stir a little.
- Add chicken broth and whole milk.
- Add all seasonings and lower the heat. Keep boiling the soup for 20 minutes until veggies get soft and soup becomes creamy.
- Add pasta and cook for extra 8-10 minutes (optional).
- Add fresh basil before serving.